Thread: All my guitar chord diagrams are reset when version 6.3 was loaded

Default All my guitar chord diagrams are reset when version 6.3 was loaded

Hi, i just updated to Version 6.3 on my iPad and found in all songs the carefully selected Guitar Chord Diagrams are reset to the first diagram in the selection menu. This is very frustrating as I spend a long time carefully selecting the diagrams. I even made a backup of all my songs prior to updating to Version 6.3 but the same happens to the back-up song. Is there any help to bring the original diagrams back again? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I think this is the first report of this issue.

Perhaps you might email

support@irealpro.com
    )BOB

Thank you for the reply BOB. I have written a mail to the suport.

iReal Support answered as followes:

"We changed the way chords are saved and with this change in the code unfortunately previously saved positions are lost.
    We apologize profusely but you cannot recover the old selections.

Regards,
    Niki
    iReal Pro Support"

cosmos57: I can only recommend you print out the chord settings prior to Version 6.3 update. Otherwise your chords settings are lost.
    Last edited by cosmos57; 07-22-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Please let us know if you get it sorted.
    )BOB

I'm finding that my chord voicing choices are not being saved, even AFTER I updated. I just set some voicings for that nice new reharminization of "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" that was recently posted. I did the latest update of the program a little earlier today.

I set up a bunch of voicings that were all up on the 7th thru 10th frets (for guitar), but when I play the song, they all show in first position. Is there a "Save" function for setting chord voicings that I'm missing?

See Bob, this is why I thought that my chord voicings WOULD appear on the screen - the first post in this thread by Cosmos57 strongly implies that this is what he had showing on his screen before the update. I mean, he says "carefully chosen Guitar Chord Diagrams". Your reply on the "Can't get rid of Uke chords" thread says that all those chord voicings are for educational use only & are not meant to display on songs.

Even the reply to him from Niki at Support strongly implies that chosen chord positions can be saved, although she says "the way chords are saved has been changed". Is it possible that previous to the update, we could choose which chord voicings would be displayed, & now after the update, we can't? Or, is this something that's supposed to be done in the song Editor?

My comments here
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1711#post31711
    Are based on my cursory experimentation with v6.0.1.
    I agree that posts 1 & 3 of this thread are somewhat confusing and not consistent with my experience.
    )BOB

EDIT:
    Read this (selecting chord diagrams)
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...chord-diagrams
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-30-2015 at 05:09 AM.

Bob has solved this problem, see here:

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...chord-diagrams