Thread: Song storage location on OSX

Default Song storage location on OSX

In which folder does iReal store the songs that I have in my library? My old Mac died and I can only access the backup of all the files but I can't find that folder anywhere.

Very much, indeed so. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    I did not find the paths as listed in the above link. I did find the same files at these paths:

~/Library/Preferences/com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac.plist
    ~/Library/Application Support/ireal b/UserSongs.plist

I had run v6.3 for the first time on a new system, and it of course did not show any of my songs or playlists, and it created 2 new files. I deleted them and replaced them with the ones from my old system (made by v. 6.0.1).

iReal Pro 6.3 then opened with all my music (the main thing), but still didn't show my play lists (not a big deal, as I had just one with about a dozen songs in it, and I reconstructed it manually).

An added note, on Mavericks (10.9.3, and I assume Yosemite 10.10.x as well), you cannot access ~/Library/ in the finder. Have to manage the task from the terminal window.
    Last edited by mpjalapeno; 08-20-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpjalapeno View Post
    An added note, on Mavericks (10.9.3, and I assume Yosemite 10.10.x as well), you cannot access ~/Library/ in the finder. Have to manage the task from the terminal window.
    You should be able to hold down the Option key in the Finder, then it shows in the Go menu.