Thread: Sync sync and sync

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sync, sync!!! This is a fantastic program, and syncing is the top feature that the program doesn't contain. I like to edit and write tunes on my laptop, my desktop, and be able to show them on my iPhone or on my iPad. I can't keep up with what I have on each platform, and when necessary, I have to email the playlist, then I end up duplicating things that I might already have had there. Argghh! Please add syncing soon.

Hello all. Just to add my voice to all those asking for some kind of sync option. I use iReal Pro (which is wonderful, by the way) on an iPhone and on an Android tablet - for various reasons. I really need some easy and quick way of mirroring changes between the two installations, since as everyone knows, there are tiny tweaks or changes to be made to the charts at almost every rehearsal/gig, and ideally these need to be applied to every instance of your personal database. If this could be done automatically that would be fantastic, but even if that's not possible (or not for a while) there are a couple of options which would make the manual undertaking of such housekeeping a lot easier. Forgive me if these already exist, and I just haven't found them - but I have looked!
    Firstly, what about some option to view - or even sort by - the last modification date of the chart? Often the problem is just trying to work out which is the most recent of two versions of the same chart - is there not some way we could check which was the most recently modified (or created)?
    Secondly, when importing _please_ can we have an option which asks whether we want to replace existing charts with the same name? Preferably individually, but if not as a batch. My song list is littered with "xxxx 1" titles, and it's quite time-consuming trying to clear them all out. When I'm importing a modified version of a chart from another device, I really want it to overwrite the unmodified version. If I want to keep both versions (which happens a lot less often), then I can change the title of one of the versions myself, to something that makes sense to me.
    OK. Thanks for reading, and I hope you can address these issues at some point.

Yes PLEASE make sync options a priority.... iCloud and/or Dropbox implementation, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Senoja View Post
    Sync, sync!!! This is a fantastic program, and syncing is the top feature that the program doesn't contain. I like to edit and write tunes on my laptop, my desktop, and be able to show them on my iPhone or on my iPad. I can't keep up with what I have on each platform, and when necessary, I have to email the playlist, then I end up duplicating things that I might already have had there. Argghh! Please add syncing soon.
    I have all these issues too. I'm not sure what Sync means It sounded like some folks want to share songs and playlists with other people. That's what email is for.
    Some folks sound like they somehow want devices to sync/slave off a master device
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

This capability is already available on IOS & Mac using icloud sync.