Thread: Chord inversions/figured bass

Default Chord inversions/figured bass

Hello,

I am composing, for music theory class, and I am wondering how the piano part works as I would like to use it as an accompaniment. What inversions/figured bass does the piano use, and is it consistent for every repetition? I've also noticed that the background parts will sometimes repeat a chord/play with them a bit. How can I make it consistent so I can write it on a staff?

Thanks for the help!
    -Matt
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-27-2015 at 10:05 PM.

During the time lag between when you press PLAY and when the count-in starts, the amazing iRp player algorithm is constructing a BRAND NEW track, start to finish for the designated number of repetitions. The idea is that (just like a real jazz combo) the tune won't be played the same way each time.

If you export midi of a track, you will have a snapshot of that track (that could be converted to notation). Also export the audio (of that track) and play the file using an external device (mp3 player?) that should always be consistant for your class.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-06-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Wow. That truly is amazing. 😳

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Wow. That truly is *amazing*. 😳
    That's what *he* said...
    )BOB

In the old days of just Rock Jazz and Latin styles I found that Rock with the drums turned off was the closest thing to a Classical style with 8th note arpeggios.
    With that setting you could then use C/E and C/G for your inversions.