Thread: App crashes on init

Default App crashes on init

Hi all,

After buying the new jazz package, for some reason the application keep crashing on init. Of course, I don't know if the problem is the in-app purchase, or just two unconnected things.

I have an iPad 2, originally employing iOS 7.

After the crash I have tried to:
    -reboot iPad
    -reinstall app (loosing all my music, as I didn't have security copy )
    -update to iOS 8.1
    -reboot iPad
    -reinstall app a couple more times

And it keeps crashing after opening. It does not even work enough time to send the crashing report from past execution, closes after no more than a second after it has fully loaded and shows the main menu.

I did have some issues when performing the in-app purchase (bank stuff) so I think that maybe it didn't fully work, is in a "unkown" status, and that is making the application crash.

Any sugestions? I am a very intenstive user really looking forward to play again.

Thanks for your help. Best regards,

Manuel

Hi Manuel,
    I'm sorry about the inconvenience.
    We've just released an update. Let us know if it fixed the issue.
    Please always make a backup of your songs! We test it with every update but there could be individual settings that we can't test.
    Thank you!

Nope, still crashing

In particular, everything seem to load OK, with the progress bar at the bottom reaching the end. Then the interface is presented, and I can see the song "Afro1" (first one in the list) with tablature and so, and then it crashes a fraction of second after that. I have realized that this happens both in vertical and horizontal positions, but the interface is correctly loaded in both cases. I am sorry that I cannot send the report, but it is crashing before I am able to.

This is happening on
    iReal 6.0.1
    iPad 2
    iOS 8.1 (12B410)

It happened just after I bought the jazz package, so I am tend to think that it has something to do with it. Moreover, it happened just after I had some problems buying the package. However, I guess that uninstalling and reinstalling both the application and the OS it should solve the problem if it was that, shouldn't it? If I remember correctly, re-installing the application required pushing some button to check for bought packages, so it shouldn't affect at load time... (just speculating).

Please let me know if I can help somehow. And of course, thanks for your attention and fast reponse.

after buying the new jazz style pack, reboot. If this does not work, delete the app, reboot, download, check its operation. Then 'purchase' (free) the jazz pack again, reboot, test.
    Also you are running it on an older iPad, so reducing the number of apps in the background might help.
    Sorry about this. If you still have problems, let us know anything else you have tried so we can run some tests.
    Thanks for your help.

hi,

Sorry for the delay. I have tried all that (had tried most of it prior to your post anyway). Still crashing.

I have noticed that after the crash the application keeps running on background, appearing when pushing home button twice. Selecting it only leads to a crash though.