Thread: Bewitched (TV theme) - Keller-Greenfield

Default Bewitched (TV theme) - Keller-Greenfield

The theme from "Bewitched," a TV comedy that ran from 1964 through 1972 is an attractive bounce tune that was a popular staple on gigs I played in that period. It has an ABAC song form with an extension, so that its length is 36 measures. Details about its composition can be found on a fan site at: http://bewitched.net/music.htm. In addition, links to a number of performances can be found there, including a performance of by Peggy Lee as a jazz waltz

The following chord chart uses the whole 36-bar form (with a standard jazz ending):

Bewitched (TV theme) - Keller and Greenfield

During its popularity, the tune was often shortened to 32 bars, with the entire 36-bar form used only for the last chorus; that's the way I performed it way back when. Some versions of the TV theme (see the above-mentioned web site) also cut the extended C section, as well. A chord chart that is arranged this way will follow in a separate post. This second version concludes with a standard jazz ending that I appended to the tune.

The TV theme was played in "two." I perform this tune with iRP using the Jazz Two/Four style at 150 bpm. If you want to do the whole head in "two," remove the B and C section designations.
    Last edited by Keith88; 10-19-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Here is the second version:

Bewitched (TV theme) 32-bar form - Keller and Greenfield
    Last edited by Keith88; 10-19-2014 at 04:06 PM.