Thread: semibreve rest

Default semibreve rest

Hello,

I'll like to write a chord chart with at the end of a line a semibreve rest (one mesure).
    Is it possible, if i put no chord on a mesure time isn't count.

Is there also a way to put a symbol to specify a stop on the first chord of a mesure.

thanks a lot

all the best

sparkcle

There is a "button" in the editor marked N.C. that turns off everything but the drums. Put it in the first beat of a measure and only the drums play until a chord is entered. I don't think there is a way to get a measure of complete silence. If you leave a measure completely empty, it will be ignored.

Default semibreve rest

Thanks for you answer, but if i put N.C it erase the chord.

have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    There is a "button" in the editor marked N.C. that turns off everything but the drums. Put it in the first beat of a measure and only the drums play until a chord is entered. I don't think there is a way to get a measure of complete silence. If you leave a measure completely empty, it will be ignored.

For stop-time, put N.C. in the 2nd beat of the measure. You may need to use the "S" to reduce overlap.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-26-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Guys, I'm confused…Sparkcle wanted a whole measure rest. If N.C. is put in the second beat, he will not have a rest for the whole measure. In any case, the drums will still play through, so he won't get silence.

Default Stop-time, break, tacet

I thought he was looking for stop-time. Chord sounds on the first beat followed by silence.
    Because he wrote, ”....but if i put N.C it erases the chord"

Currently, N.C. is the only iRp "rest" option. (no chord/bass, drums continue) It can be used following a double-bar sign to isolate a drum-fill.

Break/tacet (silence, no chord, no drums) has been requested, but not yet implemented.
    An easy work around you can try:
    insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line to briefly silence iRp's audio with the tap of your foot.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-26-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Default semibreve rest

thanks a lot for you answers,
    i ll wait till the "Break/tacet" will be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I thought he was looking for stop-time. Chord sounds on the first beat followed by silence.
    Because he wrote, ”....but if i put N.C it erases the chord"

Currently, N.C. is the only iRp "rest" option. (no chord/bass, drums continue) It can be used following a double-bar sign to isolate a drum-fill.

Break/tacet (silence, no chord, no drums) has been requested, but not yet implemented.
    An easy work around you can try:
    insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line to briefly silence iRp's audio with the tap of your foot.
    )BOB

It sounds as if the O.P. wanted the chord to not play without erasing the symbol.

The workaround is to put N.C. in the bar and put in an alternate chord, which appears above the staff and doesn't play
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website